Friday, May 30, 2008

Random


So I've been tagged by my wonderful friend Melinda to share 5 random things about myself. I usually don't take people up on challenges like this... but today is my first day of summer vacation and I have nothing but time on my hands. Here we go...


1. I use to have a severe fear of water. Not just deep water... like I was afraid to float around on a tube in 3 feet of water in the lazy river at water parks (I know very strange) Even though I'm still not a good swimmer, I can manage in the water and have overcome my fear a lot.


2. I'm in limbo right now whether or not I'm going back to the school I have worked at for 4 1/2 years. There is an opportunity at my kids' school so I'm interviewing for that on Monday. Just trying to figure out what path I'm suppose to be taking in life.


3. I'm ridiculously obsessed with two food items right now. One is chocolate milk, I have a glass every morning and every night. The other item is Post Frosted Shredded Wheat. I eat a handful here and there every time I get the munchies. (that's about as random as it gets) Which reminds me I'm hungry...


4. Once when I was a kid I sneacked out of my friends house during a sleepover and we ran across the neighborhood to teepee a boys house. (his name was Brian but we all called him Goose) While we were doing the deed a few people at a party next door to him saw us and called the cops. I never ran so fast in my life. I cut through the park and saw the cop cars with spotlights looking for us. Then when we got home, my friend's mother found out we had snuck out and wasn't too happy with us. She said she was going to tell my mom the next day. I don't think she ever did, but since my mom reads my blog she knows now. Sorry mom!
5. I ran a mini marathon a couple years ago with my friend Jenny. During my training I lost a few pounds and was in great shape. I really want to get back into running again. Maybe this summer... but I need some motivation so I'm going to go shopping for a new pair of running shoes and maybe that will help.
Well there you have it... I'm sure you all feel like you know me so much better now. Now I get to tag 5 friends of my own to post a random blog of their own.
I choose...

3 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

This picture is about a year old of me. I didn't realize until it posted on my blog how big my head looks in it. Yikes!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the picture. I took mine this morning, ha!
Thanks for following up on my tagness! I was going to tag Sheila but figured you would so thanks! So...since you are on vaca now...when are you coming down?
I was going to buy some running shoes too...that might help. Also, if you could just text me everyday with "you are fat, stop eating!" that would be great!! Love you and miss you LOTS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I Love it that you teepeed a house,, that sounds like something that your Aunt Pam would have done, and just maybe has!!!!!, lets not tell your mom!!