Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chicago

I wanted to do something fun and different to celebrate the big 30! We decided to go see Blueman group in Chicago. The show has been in Chicago for years and we have never made it a point to go see it. We are so happy we finally made it there to see the show because it was AWESOME!
Of course by now you are probably wondering why all these picture are of us at Wrigley Field instead?!?!? Well, Brian suggested we get to Chicago early and just "walk around" and enjoy the city and beautiful weather (75 and sunny) Little did I know (but he did) that Briar Street Theatre was only a few blocks from Wrigley Field. I didn't mind... it was a nice walk and quite pleasant to actually be able to walk around Wrigleyville without so many other people around. Brian usually HATES taking pictures, but I didn't have to talk him into any of these pictures. He's such a sports fan... ESPECIALLY cubs! Melanie, when are you guys coming in town so we can get some tickets?

And here I am with my HUGE cheesy smile. After the show was over many people were waiting around to get pics with the Blueman cast. I walked up to this guy and asked if I could have a picture with him for my 30th b-day (yes, I'm milking this for all it's worth) After we took this picture he leaned over and said (in an english accent) "you don't look a day over 22, happy birthday"


Then he gave me a blueman kiss and here's the picture to prove it!!!
Notice I'm holding a poncho in my hand because we were in row 5 which required wearing ponchos. When we first sat down in our seats a producer approached us and asked if we'd like to be part of the show, but it would require us sitting in different seats for the first 10 minutes of the show. Now anyone who knows Brian would say that he is very shy. Can you believe he agreed to it? I haven't been to the show before but I've had friends tell me about the "late arrivals" part of the show. Yep... that was us. The whole show was great and well worth it. On a side note: We found out that they allow volunteer ushers to most of their shows and you get to stay and watch the show for free after ushering. Just call Briar Street Theatre if you are interested in saving $140 but would like to see the show.




4 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday!! So glad you are finally joining the rest of us who are living in our 30's!! It really is more fun!

Looks like you guys had a great day dowtown yesterday!

Sam and Jen said...

Happy Birthday Ese! Glad you had fun yesterday.

Unknown said...

I agree about the 22!!
I am not there yet...but will be in less than a month!! Whoa!! Can't wait to see you so we can party it up and celebrate being old! Love the kiss and glad you got to celebrate with your man in the big city!

Melanie said...

what great pictures, you guys must have had a blast! i just talked to rhett earlier today about chicago. all we know for sure is that we are coming. it will most likely be in august or september. i'll keep you updated. miss you and welcome to the 30 club. looking forward to inducting melinda soon! 30's the new 20 or so i'm told:)