Monday, June 2, 2008

Landscaping

So here's my ugly garden that surrounded our apple tree in the backyard before I decided to tackle it as my landscaping job for the beginning of this summer. Part of the edging rocks were broken bricks and some of the decorative edging was piled 2 high and some were piled 3 high. SO after we got that straightened out we had to dig out all the flagstone rocks that were all over in the mess of weeds.

This is what you get after 30 bags of top soil, 8 bags of mulch, lots of sweat and tired muscles, several bottles of drinking water, one bad sunburn and a few plants you pick up at Home Depot. A HUGE thank you to my mom and dad that helped me get all the rocks out and the dirt and landscaping paper in place. I assure you I'll be spending lots of time in my hammock swing that hangs from our apple tree.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

THat looks really nice, I am glad you posted some pictures so I could see what you did!

Sarah V said...

very very cute! It sounds like a LOT of work.

Sam and Jen said...

Amazing job! I have always been impressed with your landscaping abilities. When I get a house someday you'll have to not only help me decorate it but come up with cute landscaping ideas too. Can't wait to see all the changes you've made in person! 2 more days! AAAAHHHH!

Unknown said...

WOW Steph!! That looks amazing! I think you should start your own landscape makeover show! ;)
Ok, so now that your project is over and done when are you coming to see me?

Melanie said...

that is an amazing transformation!! that's as good as any professional redo i've seen, A+++!

Joes Noise said...

I am very impressed Stephanie you are multi-talented. I just hope when you lay under your APPLE tree in your hammock you don't get hit on the head by an apple and lose your skills. he he ;O)