Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guess who???

We recently attended a 1st birthday party for our good buddy Miles. It got me rummaging through some old photos of when our kids were close to turning one. I came across a picture of Austin enjoying his birthday cake. He was running a fever and not feeling well that day but still dove right into that cake. He also started walking the day of his first birthday. I still remember how he had been taking several steps here and there for the month leading up to his birthday. Then the morning of his party he took off all the way around the kitchen and dining room area at my parents house . He was in his diaper and waving his arms in the air like a monkey. Too cute to forget. He was OBSESSED with Barney at the time so his whole party including his outfit was Barney.

Sometimes when I think back to the fun baby and toddler days it makes me want another child. Then I talk myself out of it and realize I'm happy with our family just the way it is right now. I can't seem to find any 1st b-day party pics of Madison. I think we went digital by that point so I'll have to search through some photo CD's.
By the way, next month Austin will be celebrating his 10th birthday. I can't believe how fast a decade can fly by.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

HA! that is a priceless photo! that's how i want to eat cake sometimes!!

Sheila said...

I showed the girls this posting and they said.....Who is that??? They couldn't believe that was Austin. Time sure does fly by, I can't believe he will be 10 either!

Sam and Jen said...

cutest picture ever! I'm so glad you blogged about it!

Jessica said...

Note to self - Get a chocolate smash cake! That is an awesome picture! It's fun to see old pictures, especially since I didn't know Austin when he was that little. Maybe I'll have to dig up some old ones!