Saturday, August 30, 2008

Let's go GNO!

It's that time of year again where Brian and Austin spend their Friday nights going to prep football games. Madison knows that when they go to football games that means it's Girls Night Out (GNO) for us. We both really look forward to spending those evenings together. We made a list of all the fun things we plan to do this year.
First on the list was to get spa pedicures. This was Madi's first time getting a pedicure. I told her not to get use to being spoiled like that because it is expensive to pay for two pedis. My friend gave me a gift certificate for mine (thanks Sue) and so that helped with the bill. We sat in a massage chair for 15 minutes while we waited for them to start and I think if Madison wasn't there talking to me the whole time I would have fallen asleep.
It was so beautiful and relaxing in the spa. Madison was done before me and she just walked around the spa singing Hannah Montana's song "Girl's Night Out" I kept telling her she needed to stay quiet because people were trying to relax, but they all seemed to be very entertained by her.
I opted for the french tips while Madison chose pink and blue mixed.
Then we went shopping at Old Navy to pick out PJ's for our slumber party together. We planned to make cookies when we got home from our pedis and shopping trip, but we were so tired we just fell asleep watching a movie instead.
Next week we're off to the roller rink!!!!

7 comments:

Sam and Jen said...

How fun!

Sheila said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Madi your Aunt Sheila hasn't even had a pedicure yet.

Jessica said...

That's awesome. I can't wait for girls' nights with my daughter. Although at this age, most nights are girls nights for us!

Melanie said...

that is too fun! love the pink and blue combo!i'm with you steph, if i didn't think i'd end up drooling and embarrasing myself i'd fall asleep in those massage chairs everytime!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It looks like Madi really enjoyed herself.

Anonymous said...

Madi, I love your PJ's can I Borrow them - Karen

Unknown said...

SO great that you guys get to spend quality time together. You will be sooo happy that you did that when you look back at things. Hope you are making time for Dad/daughter and Mom/son bonding time too! Just as important!