Thursday, June 25, 2009

Colorado Vacation!

This was the before shot when we climbed 245 stairs up seven waterfalls. The view was absolutely amazing from the top! It was hard work getting to the top and just a bit scary coming down! Our legs were feeling great the next day!
Sarah and I decided to go horse back riding on our first day in Colorado. We took a one hour tour of the Garden of the Gods. Words can't describe how amazing it was to be riding through one the most beautiful places I've ever been on top of a horse. I'll never forget the views I took in that day. Unfortunately, 2 girls on the tour with us fainted WHILE on top of their horses. That part was quite scary. They gave them some water and drove them back to the stables on a 4 wheeler.

Breath taking view of Pikes Peak in the distance while waiting to go horse back riding.


More of Garden of the Gods.



Colorado was much too beautiful to describe in words. The pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. I loved waking up every morning and looking out the hotel window and seeing Pikes Peak!
Of course I did go there primarily on business. The seminars were great as well, and I learned a lot to use not only as a teacher but a parent too!





4 comments:

Powell Family said...

I'm sooooo jealous!!! FRA could've sent me somewhere like that when I worked there. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I miss those ladies too! You had a nice sized group.

Sarah V said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! See you tomorrow!

Sam and Jen said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. What an awesome experience. And I'm so glad you made it home safely after the 35 passenger plane and then flying through thunderstorms. I bet Jesus walking on the clouds was even cooler than when he walked on the water:) Can't wait to see more pics next week in person and hear all about your trip. Love that you went horseback riding. Hurrah for vacations to beautiful places!

Unknown said...

I wanna go! I wanna go!
Looks like a ton of fun!
Miss you lots!