Sunday, July 20, 2008

Start Spreading the News....

Did anyone notice the two newest songs on my playlist? We're in the process of planning a family trip to NYC and I can't get either of them out of my head so I figured I might as well add them to the playlist so they can get stuck in your head too. We are SOOOO excited to take this trip in a few weeks. It all started when Brian said he HAD to see the Yankees play in Yankee Stadium before it was torn down at the end of this year. At first I was annoyed because we have been saving to take a trip together for our 10 year anniversary coming up in the fall. I knew if we went to NYC then the romantic "honeymoon we never had " trip wouldn't be possible. So I agreed to the road trip with our kids instead. Yes, that's right, we're driving there AND we're taking the kids too. I'm super excited about it now though. So anyone out there ever been to NYC and have any suggestions for us? Also PLEASE send me your suggestions for keeping the kids company in the car for 12 hours?!?!?! Any fun road trip games or ideas out there? We're also going to drive up to Niagara Falls after visiting Manhattan for a few days. The kids don't know about that part and we can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see The Falls for the first time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry no advice from me. Sounds like a fun trip. I would love to travel more!

Unknown said...

So...I guess the kids don't read your blog? Sounds like a great surprise! I have been to the falls...think I was with you covered in blue ponchos b/c it was raining. Remember that highschool choir trip? Good times.
Haven't been to NYC since I was 10. Really need to go back though. Are you making Sumi come to meet you in the City?

Sam and Jen said...

Sam says getting a Metro card is a must if you're going to take the subway at all.