Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

We got hit with an ice storm the other night. Just north of Chicago received around a foot of snow. We received some snow but mostly just freezing rain. I took the kids for a walk in the woods by our house. Everything was so beautiful covered in ice. The snow was fun to walk on too since it was covered in ice as well. The kids said it looked like a winter wonderland.
All the ice made us lose power from 5:30 am until early afternoon. Then we lost it again for a few hours that evening. Luckily we have a ventless fireplace that warms the house pretty quickly.




Can't play basketball when the net is frozen solid.



So pretty... camera doesn't do it justice.
Of course I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Just not too white since we will be traveling by car down to Missouri to spend Christmas with my family. It's been a long time since I've spent Christmas on the farm. My kids are worried that santa won't know that they are there. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.





2 comments:

Melanie said...

That basketball one cracked me up! Stay warm and SAFE on the roads!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the ice pics! Just windy and cold here. Wish I could snuggle by your fire!