Monday, December 22, 2008

Madi, Madi, Madi

This... is Madison. Crazy, fun, loving, sweet Madison. I can describe her as 7 going on 17. She always likes to think bigger than what most 7 year olds would think. I realize that in the long run this is going to get her very far in life... but for now I just want her to be 7. The other night as I was about to turn the lights out on the Christmas tree, I noticed a cookie sitting on a plate next to a note on our coffee table. The note read Dear Santa, I left you this snack just in case you are hungry while getting ready for Christmas. Don't forget we will be in Missouri on the farm this year for Christmas. I was also wondering if I'm on the nice list this year. Circle yes or no. Love, Madison Sandoval xoxoxoxoxo
I struggled all night whether or not to circle yes and eat the cookie. (or better yet circle no and leave a piece of coal) But I decided I was going to play by the rules this time and do nothing at all.
She was a little disappointed in the morning when the cookie and note were still there but I explained that Santa must be very busy at the North Pole and that answer seemed to satisfy her.
She's getting very worried about the fact that this winter weather may have to cancel our trip to Missouri after all. She wants to write a letter to Santa and overnight it to the north pole so he knows we'll still be here in Indiana. I told her that I know of an emergency hotline for parents to call in case of location change at the last minute (thanks for the idea Melinda)
A month ago Madison asked me if I was cleaning the storage under our stairs out so that I would have room to hide their presents. (man is she smart) I told her I was just doing it because it needed to be done and she walked away with a smirk on her face like "yeah whatever mom"
Not to mention more than once she has tried to outsmart the tooth fairy. (that white play dough almost fooled me)
Madison keeps me on my toes, that's for sure. I can't imagine life without her.

1 comment:

Powell Family said...

Madi you're so cute.

I had a child in my class that was very concerned the other day if Santa could see him in our block area. Of course I told him yes. Then he told me that his eyes were starting to water (he started crying). Of course that let me know that he did something wrong. Come to find out he wasn't being very nice to another child. It was too cute!