Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas 09

Christmas was extra special this year for a couple reasons. First, I got to host Christmas dinner at our house for the first time ever. I wouldn't have survived it without the help of my mom and sister...thanks Mom and Sheila! There was so much food here that we had to put a lot of it on the back porch to keep cool through out the day since the refrigerator was jam packed. It was also great to have my sister and her family in town for this Christmas. They are moving from Ohio (2ish hours away) to Tennessee (8ish hours away) We know we won't be able to see them as often, so it was nice to have this Christmas together.




Mom and Dad with all their grandkids.



This will be the last letter my kids leave for Santa Clause. Austin has known since last year about Santa. Madison was starting to question it over the past couple months, but still really believed and was excited about Santa. Long story short...while I was in the kitchen getting things ready for Christmas dinner, Madison was snooping in our storage closet. She came across the same wrapping paper that Santa happened to wrap her presents with this year. She asked me about it and I told her the truth. She was a bit sad, and had MANY questions the following days. I asked both of my kids afterwards if they were mad we taught them the story of Santa Clause, and they both replied "No". In fact, Madison said she can't wait to be a mommy someday to tell her kids about it. I'm sure I'll be sad next year when my kids seem so grown up that they aren't talking about going to sleep early so Santa will come. Or leaving reindeer food on the back porch for Rudolph and the gang. Mostly, I'll miss using the "Naughty List" threat during the entire month of December. My kids are always so well behaved during that month. Haha




Good news...there are 351 more days of shopping until Christmas this year!

1 comment:

Powell Family said...

you've probably already started shopping too! cute pics i love the one with your mom and dad with all the grandkids!