Sunday, January 13, 2008

Extra Extra

Here is a recent picture of our dining room. Notice the sconces hanging on the wall on each side of my curio cabinet. Okay, also notice the beautiful flowers on the table too that I won as a door prize at the Pepsi Winterfest we attended on Saturday night. Actually one of Brian's coworkers won them and didn't want them so he gave them to me. ANYWAY... I was trying to figure out what to put in the sconces. Candles... rocks with a tea light on top... potpourri??? Then it hit me...
How about gravel and live betta fish???? Can I just tell you how ridiculously excited my kids were that we were getting 2 pet fish? It made me feel bad that because of my dog and cat allergies that this is what it has come to. 2 pet fish hanging on the wall in our dining room. I think they look great so I'm pretty happy with them. Madison talks to her fish several times a day and here she is doing fishy lips at him. They even followed our tradition of naming our kids after capitals. So Madison named her fish London and Austin named his Jackson.


Austin is getting pretty good at playing bowling on the Wii. I think in one game he got 5 or 6 strikes in a row. So Dustin challenged him to a game and can you believe they tied at 205? I was so happy because Austin still talks about losing to his nana on Christmas day.

Proof is in the picture!




9 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, those fish are so cute, what a great idea! Love the names, too. And way to go Austin! I've never played a Wii, so I'm sure he'd cream me. Although our church organized a couple teams to play in the local church bowling league this year, so I'm getting better at real bowling. Not 205 though!

Brian M. Gulley said...

first off where is you guys new pad at. and second my dog is a GIRL so no Al especially since that is going to be our first born boys name (Alvah Jack aka A.J.)! Jen wants us to name her Maddy dont you like that name. i think i have heard used before havent you?

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea with the fish! Never would have thought of that!!

Way to go Austin with the Wii Bowling.....can't wait until you come back out to Ohio and we can play again!

Sam and Jen said...

The fish thing is the most original idea I've ever seen. So cute that kids picked out state capitals as names. Way to go Austin on doing so well against Dustin!

Roys Photography said...

Stephanie you are so awesome! I love the way your brain thinks. How cool of an idea and I am sure the kids are totally freaking out. I have got to come and see you soon, maybe for a PC Party?!? Email me your new address, couldn't send you a Christmas Card this year, cause I didn't have your address and Mel didn't know where she put it. Love you guys write to me soon. Joanna (Bishop) Roys roysphotography@comcast.net

Unknown said...

I sware I left a comment...did you not approve it? Did it not go through? Hmmmm...

The Sandoval Family said...

That was the only comment I got from you on this post. hmmm...

Unknown said...

Ok, so sorry maybe my children interrupted me in the middle of my comment...
ANYWAY, just wanted to tell you that I think you fish idea is VERY cool. It is also the perfect way for your children to each have their own pet to take care of (and clean the bowls if you trust them not to break them) and they also don't have to fight over who gets to keep them in their room! As a designer I give you 5 stars for brilliantness in so many ways. One star may be deducted though as I think there is suppose to be a Big fat stripe on the wall behind them? :)

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt Pam wants to know where you come up with all the good ideas,wished I had thought of that!!