Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their families. Brian's mom and dad drove here from Florida for the week to spend the holiday with us. They were coming in town the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and unfortunately Madison came down with the flu which later turned to scarlet strep. So we weren't able to do a whole lot together the first part of the week since she was so sick. We kept our fingers crossed that she would be better by the time her cousins were in town so she could be around them. Luckily by Wednesday she had no more fever or rash. Sheila, my sister, and her husband and three girls came to our house to hang out for awhile and we later went out to dinner. We love taking pictures of all the cousins together. Even though the girls bicker every once in awhile... they always have so much fun together.



The day after Thanksgiving I woke up at 5am and ran out to a few stores with my mom for my annual black friday shopping spree. I didn't stay that long though because we all decided to go up to The Museum of Science and Industry hoping it wouldn't be very busy since most people are out shopping that day. (By the way, we were really wrong about that) Brian's mom and dad and cousin were able to come with us to the museum and we had a good time.

Carolyn, Samantha, me, Madi, Austin and Brian in front of a huge Christmas tree on display.



Yes, this is my daughter picking the nose of a statue on the train at the museum.



Austin would hardly let me take his picture when we were at the museum until we got to the car exhibits, then he started posing in front of every car with a big smile on his face telling me to take a picture.

Austin and Madison with Grandma and Grandpa from Florida. Miss you guys!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that Madi got to feeling better before we came into town. We had fun spending time with you guys. Can't wait for everyone to come here for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Madi picking the statue's nose. She has her mother's sense of humor. Tee hee. BTW- in that last picture I had to do a double take. For a second I thought those hairy legs were Carolyn's. Sorry, it was just a funny angle.