Saturday, August 4, 2007

New Home

Our last family picture at 833 Arbogast.




Well I think it has been 12 days since we have moved into our new home... and to say the least it has been crazy around here. Most of our belongings came in a POD that we packed. Other items were stored at my parents house and a friend's garage (thanks mom, dad and Tim) until we had posession of our new home.


Off to a good start packing the POD Bringing the big stuff in makes it a little more tricky.
Quick throw the mattresses in and close the door.

Saying goodbye to our old home and neighbors was kind of hard for me. Austin was only 2 and Madison was 4 months old when we moved into our home in Griffith. We had so many memories there. So the last night in that house me and the kids slept on the floor with some blankets and I cried.


We moved in with my mom and dad for a week before we were able to get the keys to our new home. Thanks mom and dad for letting us take over for a little while. We had fun staying with you guys.

Thanks to all of our friends and family for helping us move all the furniture (especially the very heavy piano that I don't think the guys will soon forget about)


The kids have adjusted well to the new home. They met a boy next door that they have played with everyday. They also enjoy picking apples from the apple tree in our backyard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You put some great photos on here Steph. I'm lovin it! That one of your family standing in front of the old house with the 833 in the background made me tear up. I'm so glad you have a family blog page. It's great to be able to see what new things are going on in your life and "watch" the kids grow since I'm so far. Sniff, sniff:(

Sarah V said...

It is definitely sad to leave a house after so long... BUT look at how great your new place is! At least your kids are old enough that they'll be able to remember 833 pretty well.

Unknown said...

Awwww...I will not cry. I will not cry. I am coming next week! Are you so excited?!? I guess what I better not forget to bring is the paints! That would be my luck! Can't wait to see the new place! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see your new house with YOUR stuff in it! Hey - i didn't realize you have an apple tree out back, that is so cool, i will have to teach you how to make homemade applesauce, its really easy to do!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I had fun looking at it and getting caught up even though I talk to you every day!!!! Nice job. Thanx for sharing your life!